Peer Facilitators Wanted! The course is FREE for anyone who has had peer support or facilitator training.
What is Boost Your Mood?
Boost Your Mood: Move, Eat and Be Healthy is about how YOU can better manage your mental health by using healthy eating and exercise strategies. The 8-week program is facilitated by a person(s) with lived experience of mental illness, with the support of a dietitian and a personal trainer.
Boost Your Mood includes nutrition information, a grocery store tour, recipe ideas and menu planning tips, physical activity for all levels, and strategies for managing food and activity during periods of illness and wellness in your life.
Who should sign up for the Train-the-Trainer Program?
The two-day Train-the-Trainer Program is intended for peer support facilitators who are interested in leading this 8-week program in your area.
What will you learn in the Train-the-Trainer Program?
Train-the-Trainer participants will:
• be introduced to the content of the 8-week program, including facilitator and participant guides
• learn facilitation techniques
• have an opportunity to practice facilitating parts of the Boost Your Mood program
• get tips for running a successful Boost Your Mood program
• have an opportunity to ask questions from an experienced facilitator.
For more information contact:
Kim Umbach at 1-888-486-8236 ext. 223, kimu [at] mooddisorders [dot] ca
|Boost Your Mood Flyer - Final.pdf||671.01 KB|