The Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport has announced the launch of the Ontario Sport and Recreation Communities Fund. The OSRCF is a grant program that supports a vision of getting and keeping Ontarians active in community sport, recreation and physical activity. The application deadline for Local/Regional projects is March 19. Statements of Interest for Provincial projects are due on February 6, 2013.
The fund aims to:
• increase opportunities for participation in sport and recreation by developing new programs or increasing access to existing programs to encourage individuals to become more active and keep those who are, engaged throughout their lives
• support implementation of physical literacy as a foundation for lifelong physical activity among individuals enabling them to make healthier activity choices
• strengthen the community sport and recreation sector by providing training in areas such as coaching, youth development, and volunteer development to provide enhanced service and quality programming
Who Can Apply?
Incorporated not-for-profit organizations that can offer high-quality sport, recreation and physical activity programs and have operated and been incorporated for at least one year in Ontario (this may include First Nations, Local Services Boards and municipalities).
Universities or colleges may apply to the Provincial stream, for applied research projects only. Provincial Sport Organizations/Multi-sport Organizations (PSOs/MSOs) may apply to the Provincial stream only. Universities/colleges and PSOs/MSOs may also be partners on local/regional projects.
Partnerships are not mandatory but are highly recommended; project applications demonstrating effective partnerships may be given additional consideration.
Application and Deadline:
• Statement of Interest deadline for Provincial projects is February 6, 2013 by 12:00 noon EST
• Application deadline for both Provincial and Local/Regional projects is March 19, 2013 by 12:00 noon EST
Late applications will not be accepted.
For further information visit, Grants Ontario.